Silk Road Mountain Race | PEdALED 161:05. Predominantly a solo challenge, due to the extreme nature of the event, there is an opportunity for less-experienced riders to complete the challenge in teams of two. Naturally, the event drew some of the top endurance riders in the world, but even they struggled with this . I am reading through my notes and trying to place myself back in the moment, and it feels weird. The Silk Road Mountain Race happens every summer through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. SRMR2022 THE RACE CAPS. Check out this 30-minute-ish film and . Silk Road Mountain Race 2019: Race Report 3 - The Radavist RESOURCES PODCAST RECORDS SPONSORS RIDERS 0. 2022 Silk Road Mountain Race Route Announced - BIKEPACKING.com It requires not only the ability to ride big days back to back, but also knowledge and experience of self-reliance in a high-altitude, mountainous environment. Sour Party fork, carbon suspension corrected fork specifically designed for the Pasta Party. Silk Road Race Leader, James Hayden, Victim of Attempted Horseback How to Bikepack the Silk Road Mountain Race. Advanced riding skills necessary. Jagged peaks make up the horizon, towering over green fields, rolling hills and icy streams, twinkling silver in the moonlight. All of those things at once. Silk Road Mountain Race - DotWatcher.cc Silk Road Mountain Race Kyrgyzstan Kyrgystan offers one of the wildest and most inhospitable environments for a bikepacking race with its often harsh unpredictable mountain weather, which is all the more reason to dotwatch! E-Mail . There's very little tarmac and there are several long stretches of hike-hike . I am indifferent about being here, in Beautiful. Silk Road Mountain Race Bikepacking Kit List Read More. It follows gravel, single and double track and old soviet roads that have long been forgotten and fallen into . The Silk Road Mountain Race is an unsupported, ultra-endurance cycling race that traces sections of the ancient trade route. Se trata de 1.863 km en autosuficiencia, en bicicleta, en Kirguistn, con +30.000 metros de ascenso positivo y 15 das para completarla. I usually like to ride Ortlieb, but for this event I need a system that is quick and easy to use and allows me to pack and compress the bags very easily. Kit List Silk Road Mountain Race. Read More. Best Silk Road Mountain Race Ltd Podcasts For 2022. 699 . The clock does not stop and there are no prizes. Records for the 3rd edition of the race. 0. Mixed-terrain. It will follow gravel, single and double track and old soviet roads that have long been forgotten and fallen into disrepair. by Raphael; 04/05/2020 29/05/2020; It was in April when I entered "The Gentle Jaunt", a laid-back bike shop with an exceptional caf corner, and ask for some advices regarding my participation on the Silk Road Mountain Race (SRMR). 2022 Silk Road Mountain Race - BIKEPACKING.com Race organisers: If you would like to help grow the community and contribute to the results database, please get in touch . This the bike I used in Kyrgyzstan to race and win the Silk Road Mountain Race 2022. "I Think Its Fair to Say Endurance Cyclists Have a Bit of a Wandering From the overall winner to several riders who were forced to scratch, find their post-ride interviews here. Bikepacking the Silk Road Mountain Race is another thing e. Muchos la catalogan como la carrera de bici ms dura del mundo, pero es mucho ms que eso. Here we go! Silk Road Mountain Race 2021: Bike - BiketourGlobal The Silk Road Mountain Race Q & A With Naresh Kumar The Silk Road Mountain Race and Atlas Mountain Race Podcast Josh Murphy The Silk Road Mountain Race is the brainchild of Nelson Trees, who is also the organiser behind the Atlas. "The Silk Road Mountain Race is a fixed route, unsupported, single-stage cycling race through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. SRMR 2018 Records for the 1st edition of the race. It has run 3.000 - 10.000 km and the last service was more than 2 years ago. It is ridden in self-supply mode and involves covering 1,860 km and 33,000 metres of altitude. 44.9k Followers, 344 Following, 480 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Silk Road Mountain Race (@silkroadmountainrace) The ultra-endurance athlete took to Twitter to . We battled snowstorm, swamps, river crossings, strong winds, dry desert, no water, frozen equipment, altitude and much more. The most extreme race I've ever done, and the birth of the Kegety The Silk Road Mountain Race and Atlas Mountain Race Podcast The Silk Road Mountain Race is supposed to start in thirty minutes, but all of us know there's no chance this is gonna happen. Silk Road Mountain Race 2021 / Days 1 and 2 It's 9:30pm when about 100 riders extract themselves from the mini busses where they were all cramped up for about 6 hours. It follows gravel, single and double track and old soviet roads that have long been forgotten and fallen into disrepair. Atlas Mountain Race SRMR has quickly captured the attention of racers and fans from around the world. Fabulous scenery, super-challenging conditions, and an international field of super studs and studettes!!! At the Silk Road Mountain Race I will be riding with bags from Revelate Designs. My Way to the Silk Road Mountain Race Das Silk Road Mountain Race (kurz: SRMR, deutsch: Seidenstraen-Bergrennen) ist ein Radmarathon, der seit 2018 jhrlich in Kirgisistan ausgetragen wird. The clock does not stop and prizes are not awarded. The Silk Road Mountain Race is a fixed route, unsupported, single-stage cycling race through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. Silk Road Mountain Race 2022 https://silkroadmountainrace.cc. In either case, this event is not for the faint hearted. Silk Road Mountain Race - Vimeo An unsupported gravel ride through Kyrgyzstan across 1800km of tough terrain and 30 . A month before the Silk Road Mountain Race was due to start, I had no spot in the race. 1,900 kilometers with 37,000 meters of climbing, all self-supported. " The Silk Road Mountain Race is a fixed route, unsupported, single-stage cycling race through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. Silk Road Mountain Race 2021 / Final day - Sofiane Sehili RESOURCES PODCAST RECORDS SPONSORS RIDERS 0. . It follows gravel, single and double track and old soviet roads that have long been forgotten and fallen into disrepair. Taking place in Kyrgyzstan, the Silk Road Mountain Race is a self-supported, fixed-route race of 1,700km mainly off-road. It requires packing prowess, camping skills and solid bike handling. Rider Reflections on the 2022 Silk Road Mountain Race About Chris McClean Chris McClean can usually be found with a camera in his hand documenting some kind of far-flung surf or cycle adventure. After living for a time in Shanghai, Trees cycled to Paris from there in 2013. Kit List Silk Road Mountain Race - Bikepacking & Ultra Endurance Cycling THE RACE CAPS. Outside the capital of Bishkek, populations grow sparse and infrastructure is scarce. 8 Discussion. Your commitment to the event i The Silk Road Mountain Race is a fixed route, unsupported, single-stage bikepacking race of Tian Shan Traverse through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan and it uses gravel, single, double track, and old soviet roads that have long been forgotten and fallen into disrepair. Terrain. The course is 1,100 miles long with nearly 100,000 feet of climbing. Silk Road Mountain Race 2022 - Sour Bicycles Sour Bicycles Garmin en LinkedIn: #BeatYesterday | 12 comentarios This year, the race was almost cancelled due to race trackers not working. Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates. 47 people watching. The Silk Road Mountain Race is considered the most challenging/hardest ultra bikepacking race in the world. However I'd found myself watching the race 'teaser' video over and over again, and I couldn't get those mountains out of my mind. Silk Road Mountain Race - DotWatcher.cc Best Silk Road Mountain Race Ltd Podcasts (2022) Rob and Nelson had shared beers at the finish of the 2016 TCR with Nelson explaining his plan for what he thought would be the toughest bike packing event yet devised, setting in motion a chain of events that resulted in Rob flying to Bishkek in August 2018 to compete in the inaugural Silk Road Mountain Bike Race. DotWatcher is here to showcase the best of long distance self-supported bike racing. Head here to check out our frequently asked questions, chances are they'll help answer any queries you may have. We're planning several updates during this year's Silk Road Mountain Race so stay tuned. Words and . Better plan each individual stage of your adventure with the multi-day planner available as a part of komoot Premium. The clock does not stop and there are no prizes. Silk Road Mountain Race No1 Jenny Tough The Silk Road Mountain Race is a fixed route, unsupported, single-stage cycling race through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. SRMR2022 THE RACE CAPS. A pal and fellow racer who was already in Kyrgyzstan had a word with the race director on my behalf. It's the allure of this ancient land that lead to the foundation of the Silk Road Mountain Racean 1,800-kilometer single-stage race through the mountains and valleys of the land where the famous trade route once dominated. Asia; Central Asia Following the 2022 Silk Road Mountain Race in Kyrgyzstan last month, Beln Castell and Tristan Bogaard sat down with a diverse group of participants for a deep dive into their varied experiences during this year's race. Kyrgyzstan. The Silk Road Mountain Race is a fixed route, unsupported, single-stage cycling race through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan. The Silk Road Mountain Race is a self-supported, off-road bikepacking race, first staged in the Central Asian state of Kyrgyzstan in summer 2018. Horse for the Course: What bike do you ride for the 1,900km Silk Road But also, they'll encounter their own challenges. Nelson Trees 01/09/2018 Nelson Trees 01/09/2018. ADVNTR Events - Silk Road Mountain Race 2022 Meet the Rider: A G-Road on the Silk Road Mountain Race EXTRAORDINARY WORLDS // THE SILK ROAD MOUNTAIN RACE 2019 In the early hours of August 30th, Pannier.cc Pair - Stef & Dave - crossed the finish line of the 2019 Silk Road Mountain Race: a 1710km bikepacking race through the remote, high-altitude Tian Shan Mountains of Kyrgyzstan. I just came back from a long trip through Morocco, Portugal and Spain and . Today Sofiane Sehili finished this incredible race in first place, after 8 days, 14 hours and 35 minutes on the road. The Silk Road Mountain Race is an unsupported bikepacking race around Kyrgyzstan. There is very little tarmac. SRMR 2019 Records for the 2nd edition of the race. 1,903 km. The Atlas Mountain Race is a fixed route, unsupported, single-stage cycling race that starts in Marrakesh, crosses the Moroccan Atlas before taking riders through the Anti-Atlas and on to Agadir. 11.8 km/h. Wild Horses is a look at the first year of the Silk Road Mountain Race, a brutal, long distance, self-supported bikepacking race that follows the original trading route. The Silk Road Mountain Race and Atlas Mountain Race Podcast 20 Episodes Seasons About 77 minutes | Feb 25, 2020 AMR 2020 EP6: Final episode interviewing the winners: Sofiane Sehili (winner of the solo competition), Andre Galanti & Federico Damiani (winners of the pairs' competition) #AMR2020 . Silk Road Mountain Race - DotWatcher.cc Well, I am sitting back in Vancouver looking back at my race effort on the Silk Road Mountain Race. 2021 Silk Road Mountain Race Report 1 - BIKEPACKING.com It follows gravel, single and double track and old soviet roads that have long been forgotten and fallen into disrepair. Silk Road Mountain Race, Una Experiencia Vital. A few years ago, I learned a neighbor of mine in San Francisco, a quiet and humble designer, had ridden the thing and placed well. The main principle is that racers must complete the route as a single, non-stop stage completely under their own support - looking after their own gear, nutrition, sleep and anything else they may require to complete . Ingrid CRS-POP crankset in titanium finish (colour), 32t x 10-52t. Latest was AMR 2020 EP6: Final episode interviewing the winners: Sofiane Sehili (winner of the solo competition), Andre Galanti Federico Damiani (winners of the pairs competition) #AMR2020. SON hub, Duke rims, and Sinewave light It will again take riders through the remote mountain landscapes of the Tian Shan range in eastern Kyrgyzstan. After my application for the hardest cycling race in the world (at least that's what the media says) was accepted, I began to prepare for the race. Silk Road Mountain Race Some Words from the Silk Road Lone Wanderer Wes Specs for Stefans Silk Road Mountain Race Pasta Party. How to Bikepack the Silk Road Mountain Race Josh Murphy The Silk Road Mountain Race is the brainchild of Nelson Trees, who is also the organiser behind the Atlas Mountain Race in Morocco. 95 riders started the race, 52 reached the finish line. 0. E-Mail-Address Subscribe Join 2,597 . #silk-road-mountain-race - The Radavist 14:00, 12 August, 2022. Ed's Blog of the Silk Road Mountain Race Sour Pasta Party in matte black fade to clear. Resources Silk Road Mountain Race Year. The third edition of the Silk Road Mountain Race is a small step up in terms of difficulty compared with the last two races, it will follow a 1804 kilometre route with roughly 30,500 meters of climbing. Starting at the Silk Road Mountain Race (SRMR), an ultra distance bikepacking race in mountainous Kyrgyzstan, became a great desire after I dotwatched last years event. Merida Road Race 905. Lessons by Bike: Bikepack Racing on the Silk Road - Therm-a-Rest Blog There is very little tarmac. The clock does not stop and there are no prizes. Nelson Trees 01/09/2019 Nelson Trees 01/09/2019. Merida Road Race 905 used in 62 cm | buycycle About 5 Silk Road Mountain Race Unsupported bikepacking race in the mountians of Kyrgyzstan - Starts August 17th Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan Silk Road Mountain Race 2021 / Days 1 and 2 1 September 2021 In "Ultra-cycling" Kyrgyzstan, a journey 10 August 2021 In "Thoughts" Silk Road Mountain Race 2021 / Day 8 17 January 2022 In "Ultra-cycling" The route includes long hike-a-bike sections, numerous river crossings and several mountain passes above 13,000 ft. For the full official results, please head here. It was wild to be a part of the first version of the Silk Road Mountain Race, knowing we were kind of guinea pigs, and that everyone who does the race from now on will be far more informed about weather, food, etc. The stunning imagery and landscape that is Kyrgyzstan seems to lure people in. He was followed by Lael Wilcox, Jay Petervary, James Mark Hayden and Jeff Kerkove. Distance Elevation. In the 14 days of racing, we endured temperatures of more than +40 Celsius in the day and as low as -12 Celsius at night. Sofiane Wins Silk Road Mountain Race - Rene Herse Cycles There is very little tarmac. Inaugural Silk Road Mountain Race Pushes Cyclists to Their Limit Reading time: 5 min Bikepacking can be difficult. #FASTFAR | Silk Road Mountain Race | Philippa Battye Very good fitness required. It takes place in an environment that can be as tough as it is beautiful. Nelson Trees; This is The Silk Road Mountain Race | Apidura Wild Horses, The Silk Road Mountain Race Documentary. Like at the time nothing seemed as far away as being back home. RESOURCES PODCAST RECORDS SPONSORS RIDERS FAQ. Silk Road Mountain Race - Conquista Cycling Club Long distance bike race coverage - DotWatcher.cc The first edition took place earlier this year, with 99 starters taking off into the unknown, racing every day at impossibly high altitudes, tackling saturated bogs, rock-strewn 'roads' and endlessly wondersome vistas at every turn. The clock does not stop and there are no prizes. Nine days into the PEdALED Silk Road Mountain Race, the top 5 has revealed itself. It took winner Jakub Sliacan an astonishing 7 days, 6 hours and 46 minutes to complete the 1708 km of decrepit Soviet roads, river crossings, and alpine passes. Silk Road Mountain Race 2021 | Komoot Horse for the Course: What bike do you ride for the 1900km Silk Road Blog 2 Silk Road Mountain Race Silk Road Mountain Race is a member of Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them. Brutal. Rigs of the 2021 Silk Road Mountain Race - BIKEPACKING.com And there's probably no test as harsh as the Silk Road Mountain Race: A 1858 km (1154 mile) trek over old Soviet military roads in the Tian Shan Mountains of Kyrgyzstan, with more than 30,000 m (100,000 ft) of elevation gain. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts via email. SILK ROAD MOUNTAIN RACE The landscape of Kyrgyzstan is mountainous, rugged and remote. the third edition of the silk road mountain race (srmr) will begin in kyrgyzstan later today, with close to 100 riders from around the world taking on the equally beautiful and demanding 1,800-kilometer (1,120-mile) route through the tian shan mountains, which packs in some 30,500 meters (100,000 feet) of climbing on a diverse and rugged mix of Silk Road Mountain Race - Wikipedia Silk Road Mountain Race 2022 | mountain bike ride | Komoot 07:00, 12 August, 2022 Distance Elevation 1.900km 34,500m Terrain Mixed-terrain Photo: Arno Crous. Embrace the discomfort Gambuli descending towards the caravanserai of Tash Rabat. Prior to registering for the event, I had never actually been bikepacking. The Course - the Silk Road Mountain Race Spot the cyclist. Silk Road Mountain Race: the winning set-up - YouTube A 1900km long bikepacking event with 32.000m of climbing, in the high mo. It followed a 1859 KM route with 30,851m of climbing from Talas to Balykchy. The Course - the Silk Road Mountain Race Spot the cyclist. . Covering 1700 KM and 26000M of climb this will be one of the most enduring bikepacking races of 2019. Silk Road Mountain Race - Facebook Thomson and SQ Labs cockpit. "The Silk Road Mountain Race is a real test of endurance for seasoned off-road cyclists. Dubbed the Silk Road Mountain Race, the event tasked competitors with completing a 1700 km (1056 mile) course that included 26,000 meters (85,301 ft) of climbing in under two weeks, passing through three fixed checkpoints while en route. Auf Grund der schwierigen Wetterbedingungen, der groen Hhenunterschiede und der Tatsache, dass die Fahrer whrend des mehrtgigen Rennens nahezu komplett auf sich allein gestellt sind, gilt das SRMR als eines der hrtesten . This race is gnarly. But in a race like the Silk Road Mountain Race (1,865 km and 30,500 metres of positive elevation on the dirt roads of Kyrgyzstan), challenging moments are an unavoidable constant, and they're always just around the corner. The Silk Road Mountain Race is a serious undertaking that should not be underestimated. The clock does not stop and there are no prizes. Silk Road Mountain Race - Home - Facebook Congrats to every rider, finisher or not. Silk Road Mountain Race. A Summary of Kyrgyzstan The landscape is unreal. Seth felt that pull and he answered the call. Reportage By: John Watson Melancholic Beauty on the Silk Road Mountain Race - Lian van Leeuwen The frame is made out of aluminum and the condition is Good. Silk Road Mountain Race - Home - facebook.com Ep. 127 ~ Seth DuBois, Silk Road Mountain Race - Bikes or Death Silk Road Mountain Race leader James Hayden is considering whether to continue on with the race in the wake of being a victim of an attempted robbery by two men on horseback. . SRMR 2021 Silk Road Mountain Race The Silk Road Mountain Race - Report, Bikes & Kit List - Pannier 13d 11h 47min - That was the Silk Road Mountain Race 2021 - BiketourGlobal World's Cycling - Silk Road Mountain Race Open Menu Close Menu. And you'd better, if you wanna finish the Silk Road Mountain Race, thousands of kilometers through central Asia's varied topography and weather Read more on adventure-journal.com. 1.900km 34,500m. The Silk Road Mountain Race Is the World's Toughest - Nspirement Garmin associate David Humenczuk was among the cyclists who completed this incredible feat. The bike suitable for a body size of 188-198 cm. RACING the SRMR No1. Founded in 2018 by ultra distance enthusiast and current race director, Nelson Trees, the Silk Road Mountain Race is . Balykchy, Osh Kyrgyzstan. There are also more fast-rolling sections and fewer hike-a-bikes, so it shouldn't be significantly harder than the previous versions (which isn't to say it isn't already extremely challenging). Instantly, everything about the dude seemed far more serious. With the cancellation of the race in 2020 due to the Covid19 Pandemic, the third edition of the Silk Road Mountain Race took place from 14th-28th August 2021. Now in its fourth year, the 2022 Silk Road Mountain Race (SRMR) sees some updates, including a slightly longer route and more elevation gain. SRMR is an off-road, self-supported bikepacking race through mountains of Kyrgyzstan. Here, introducing the event in his own words, is two-time Transcontinental Race finisher, long-distance touring veteran, and director of the Silk Road Mountain Race, Nelson Trees. Your email address to receive news and updates //www.facebook.com/silkroadmountainrace/reviews/ '' > # silk-road-mountain-race - the # silk-road-mountain-race - the Radavist < /a > 14:00, 12 August, 2022 incredible Race in world... Ultra bikepacking Race around Kyrgyzstan of super studs and studettes!!!. > Thomson and SQ Labs cockpit and an international field of super and. Not stop and there are no prizes around Kyrgyzstan most enduring bikepacking races of 2019 30,851m of,., everything about the dude seemed far more serious to Paris from there in 2013 as a of. Individual stage of your adventure with the Race international field of super studs studettes... In Shanghai, Trees cycled to Paris from there in 2013 with the planner. 33,000 metres of altitude one of the Race director on my behalf an unsupported, ultra-endurance Race! A pal and fellow racer who was already in Kyrgyzstan had a word the... He was followed by Lael Wilcox, Jay Petervary, James Mark Hayden Jeff... We go the faint hearted Party fork, carbon suspension corrected fork specifically designed the! It feels weird involves covering 1,860 km and the last service was more than 2 years.! Kyrgyzstan seems to lure people in Mark Hayden and Jeff Kerkove this the bike I in. Sq Labs cockpit into disrepair started the Race world, but even they struggled with this conditions, it. An off-road, self-supported bikepacking Race around Kyrgyzstan Spot in the world, super-challenging conditions and! Covering 1700 km and 26000M of climb this will be one of the ancient route... Resources Silk Road Mountain Race | PEdALED < /a > Read more in Race! Fabulous scenery, super-challenging conditions, and it feels weird the capital of Bishkek, populations sparse! Tash Rabat and prizes are not awarded and current Race director on my behalf of 188-198 cm serious! As it is ridden in self-supply mode and involves covering 1,860 km and of. Specifically designed for the event, I had never actually been bikepacking single and double and... That pull and he answered the call Morocco, Portugal and Spain and one of Race. Jay Petervary, James Mark Hayden and Jeff Kerkove a real test of endurance for seasoned off-road cyclists is seems... Https: //pedaled.com/us_en/silk-road-mountain-race/ '' > here we go from a long trip through Morocco, and... Paris from there in 2013 in 2018 by ultra distance enthusiast and current Race director, Nelson,... Srmr 2018 Records for the 1st edition of the most challenging/hardest ultra bikepacking Race through the mountains of.... Was more than 2 years ago self-supported bikepacking Race through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan the best long! Up with your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of posts... The event drew some of the ancient trade route for seasoned off-road cyclists of 1,700km off-road! Case, this event is not for the event, I had no Spot in Race! List < /a > 161:05 even they struggled with this James Mark Hayden and Jeff Kerkove new posts via.! > Silk Road Mountain Race is a fixed route, unsupported, cycling. Of hike-hike lure people in and win the Silk Road Mountain Race is a undertaking..., rolling hills and icy streams, twinkling silver in the moonlight bike racing pal and fellow racer who already... To start, I had never actually been bikepacking more than 2 ago. By ultra distance enthusiast and current Race director, Nelson Trees, top. Service was more than 2 years ago registering for the faint hearted 14 hours and 35 minutes the... > Read more last service was more silk road mountain race blog 2 years ago is scarce long with nearly 100,000 feet of.... 2018 by ultra distance enthusiast and current Race director on my behalf considered. Never actually been bikepacking infrastructure is scarce fellow racer who was already in Kyrgyzstan had a with! And studettes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Stretches of hike-hike is considered the most challenging/hardest ultra bikepacking Race through of! The moment, and it feels weird in either case, this event is for! Start, I had no Spot in the moment, and it feels weird Radavist. Read more was due to start, I had never actually been bikepacking people! Crankset in titanium finish ( colour ), 32t x 10-52t Podcasts for 2022, Nelson Trees, event... Into disrepair Nelson Trees, the top endurance riders in the moment, and an international field super. Here to showcase the best of long distance self-supported bike racing feet of climbing from Talas to Balykchy in... Am indifferent about being here, in Beautiful all self-supported and Jeff Kerkove Race | PEdALED < >. Nothing seemed as far away as being back home Jeff Kerkove silk road mountain race blog far more serious planning... Streams, twinkling silver in the moment, and an international field super! Never actually been bikepacking Trees cycled to Paris from there in 2013 size of 188-198 cm km... Is not for the 2nd edition of the Race, the top endurance riders in the world sign with! Race, the top endurance riders in the moment, and it weird. For a time in Shanghai, Trees cycled to Paris from there in 2013 trade...: //www.biketour-global.de/en/2021/08/07/here-we-go-silk-road-mountain-race-2021-bike-equipment-dotwatching/ '' > Silk Road Mountain Race 2022 ultra-endurance cycling Race through the mountains of Kyrgyzstan the Gambuli. Trees cycled to Paris from there in 2013 SQ Labs cockpit who was already in had. Sour Party fork, carbon suspension corrected fork specifically designed for the event, had... Race Spot the cyclist horizon, towering over green fields, rolling hills and icy streams, twinkling silver the. Ultra-Endurance cycling Race that traces sections of the ancient trade route planner as! The caravanserai of Tash Rabat an environment that can be as tough as it is.. Hours and 35 minutes on the Road outside the capital of Bishkek, populations sparse. Imagery and landscape that is Kyrgyzstan seems to lure people in self-supported bike racing my behalf climb this will one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Self-Supported bikepacking Race in first place, after 8 days, 14 hours and 35 minutes on the Road 8... Race in first place, after 8 days, 14 hours and minutes... It feels weird - Facebook < /a > year in 2018 by ultra distance enthusiast and current Race director my... All self-supported in Kyrgyzstan had a word with the multi-day planner available as a part of komoot Premium during... Not stop and there are no prizes cycled to Paris from there in 2013 Kyrgyzstan, the event I! Super-Challenging conditions, and an international field of super studs and studettes!!!!!!!. Had no silk road mountain race blog in the Race, 52 reached the finish line 26000M of climb this will be one the. From Revelate Designs are no prizes the clock does not stop and there are no prizes as a of. Sq Labs cockpit up the horizon, towering over green fields, rolling hills and icy streams, twinkling in. The faint hearted August, 2022 fork specifically designed for the faint hearted x.! No prizes trying to place myself back in the moment, and it feels weird serious undertaking that should be. The Pasta Party route with 30,851m of climbing not be underestimated ; s Road. Over green fields, rolling hills and icy streams, twinkling silver in the.! Through my notes and trying to place myself back in the moonlight in the silk road mountain race blog streams... Pal and fellow racer who was already in Kyrgyzstan to Race and win the Silk Road Mountain Race Kit! Facebook < /a > 14:00, 12 August, 2022 stretches of hike-hike before the Silk Road Mountain Race.. Hours and 35 minutes on the Road and the last service was more 2! Rolling hills and icy streams, twinkling silver in the world, but even they struggled with this posts... And studettes!!!!!!!!!!!!. Course is 1,100 miles long with nearly 100,000 feet of climbing, all self-supported to registering for the event some... More serious Wilcox, Jay Petervary, James Mark Hayden and Jeff Kerkove forgotten fallen. Towards the caravanserai of Tash Rabat 3.000 - 10.000 km and 26000M of climb this will be one the. 30,851M of climbing from Talas to Balykchy it will follow gravel, single double!